Research-Usage License Agreement for the PDTSL
Research-Usage License Agreement for the PDTSL
Institute of Formal and Applied Linguistics
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics
Malostranské náměstí 25
A. The Prague Dependency Treebank of Spoken Language (PDTSL) is a collection of data developed at and by the Proprietor under the following support: projects MSM0021620838, ME838 and LC536 of Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic, GA405/06/0589 of the Grant Agency of the Czech Republic and EU Grant FP6-IST-5-34434-IP.
B. The Proprietor is the copyright holder of PDTSL and is entitled to grant a license to the User.
C. The User is an academic, educational, research or other organization, or an individual wishing to make use of PDTSL for research and/or education purposes.
It is hereby agreed as follows:
1. This agreement is made on the date of submission and effective immediately.
2. The User is granted a non-exclusive license to use, modify, enlarge or enrich PDTSL to extract information directly or indirectly in any form and volume, provided that PDTSL itself or any derivative work is used only by the User her/himself or his/her immediate collaborators, employees, managers and/or her/his students from the same Institution for research purposes only, and provided she/he is continuously observing all the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement. If any part of PDTSL contains its own license or an additional restriction, the more restrictive version and/or amendment of the license shall be in effect, unless specifically stated otherwise in such a part. In particular, all the documentation which is provided in either RTF, PDF or PostScript format should be considered a personal copy of the respective Author's reprint and handled as such.
3. The User shall not use PDTSL itself or any derivative work (including but not limited to statistics obtained by using it or any derivative work thereof) based on it (however small the contribution of PDTSL to such derivative work is) in whatever form for commercial purposes of any kind, nor for a deployment in any routinely used application, regardless whether it is of commercial nature or not.
4. The User shall include the following notice in all publications or publicly available materials, regardless of their form (printed, electronic, or other), describing work which uses PDTSL: " The Prague Dependency Treebank of Spoken Language - PDTSL has been developed by the Institute of Formal and Applied Linguistics, http://ufal.mff.cuni.cz/." In the case of printed materials, such as papers, journal articles, etc., one publication most suitable for reference with regard to User's work should be included from the list in the PDTSL documentation; in the case of electronic publications on the Internet, the reference to the aforementioned web page should be included as a web link.
Due to Proprietor's obligations with regard to the text copyright holders, text examples and citations from PDTSL or any derivative work (regardless whether they include any annotations or not) are limited to 200 words per publication or series of publications on the same topic (whether printed, electronic, or in any other form).
5. The User agrees not to re-distribute or otherwise make publicly available PDTSL, or any derivative work based on it as described in paragraph 3, to a third party without a prior written permission of the Proprietor, with the exception of examples and citations as described in paragraph 4.
6. The User undertakes to adopt any security measures needed to protect the Proprietors' copyright in PDTSL and undertakes to take all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized use is made of PDTSL and of any copies, derivative works or extracts thereof.
7. Any usage of PDTSL which does not conform to the specification set forth in the 3rd paragraph of this Agreement (such as, e.g., commercial usage of PDTSL) is subject of separate negotiations and a written contract between the User and the Proprietor and/or other parties. The Proprietor is in general not obliged to enter and/or conclude such negotiations.
8. PDTSL is provided as is. Therefore the Proprietor does not warrant the usefulness of PDTSL for any purpose, regardless of formulations which can be found at some places in the accompanying documentation stating the intended purpose and use of PDTSL.
9. If the User reports to the Proprietor any discovered errors, inconsistencies or suggested corrections or improvements to PDTSL, the Proprietor undertake: (a) to maintain these comments in confidence and to use them only for the purposes of improving, modifying and/or maintaining PDTSL, (b) not to disclose the comments except in confidence to those of their employees or directors who need to know the same for the aforesaid purpose.
10. Should the Users by themselves or anyone acting on their behalf fail to comply with any of the conditions in this agreement (save with the written consent of the Proprietor) this agreement shall terminate immediately and PDTSL, its copies and derivative works based on it shall be destroyed at the User's site and at all sites under his control. Such termination shall be without prejudice to any claim which the Proprietor may have either for monies due and/or damages and/or otherwise.
11. Failure by the Proprietor to exercise or enforce any rights in this agreement shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right nor operate so as to bar the exercise or enforcement thereof at any time or times thereafter.
12. This agreement terminates if (a) the User destroys all copies of PDTSL or any derivative work thereof, (b) the User or its Institution ceases to exist, unless all its obligations are transferred to a new entity, which is then considered to be bound by this Agreement. The User or its successor shall inform the Proprietor about any such transfer or succession; failure to do so will terminate this Agreement after one month after such transfer or succession. (c) the Proprietor ceases to exist without a legal successor.
13. The Proprietor shall keep the information about the User provided when submitting this Agreement in confidentiality and will not disclose it to other parties, except in a summary form such that individual users will not be identified, unless they specifically agree to such a disclosure in writing.
14. This agreement is governed by the laws of the Czech Republic and all disputes concerning this agreement will be resolved by its jurisdiction.